Before the list drops, it’s hard to even compress the habits of people who are viewed as highly successful into a mere box of just 7. But then let’s view from this point of awareness and open-mindedness. If at the end of your reading it doesn’t appeal to you, whew!!! I apologize for putting you on the spot. For the purpose of this article, highly successful people will be used interchangeably as (HSP). Thanks for your time.
Shall we begin, in no particular order, drum rolls…..
7 HABITS OF HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE
1) Open-mindedness: “having a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing” Wayne Dyer. More often than not, HSP has a mentality of allowing things to appeal to their reasoning without being attached to it for by so doing, they figure out a piece of the flow which best suits them. Hence, it’s a lot easier having a little that works for you than a lot that doesn’t.
2) Value-based decisions: “Be Gretchen” Gretchen Rubin. Interestingly we all make decisions right. How about value-based decisions. Hmmm, I know that look, you probably never thought of it. Well, now you know. HSP know that it doesn’t have to be good to be right.
3) Flexibility: “When we reject a single story, when we know there’s no such thing as a single story, we regain a kind of paradise” Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. A lot of people (me inclusive), find it easy to stick to the traditional way of doing things. Well, being flexible gives you room to afford your traditional structure an adventure. Winks!!
4) Mindfulness: “You can’t connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect the dots looking backwards” Steve jobs. The little thread of experiences that finally blossoms into a great well-sewn dress of legacy. HSP understand the power hidden in paying attention to little daily happenings and drawing out the wisdom hidden even in the most unattractive things.
MORE HABITS OF HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE
5) Meditation: “The most common wound we all face is the rejection for being our authentic self” Jack Canfield. Just as taking a vacation or having a nice treat can do the body a great deal of good, so is a meditation to the soul. It creates a connection with the authentic self and gives the power to manifest that self. HSP understand that clarity of perspective is the motivation for consistency. A few minutes of calm and quiet away from both physical and mental work won’t hurt. It might feel weird the first time, don’t beat yourself alright, just keep at it.
6) Delegation: “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else” Sara Blakely. However, It’s cool to always want the spotlight on ourselves, but its cooler when we let other people we work with have the spotlight too. By doing so, HSP knows that having a growth mindset is of greater reward than a fixed mindset.
7) Evaluation: “An unexamined life is not worth living” Socrates. Success is relative. This simply means you can measure your success at different stages of life. This, therefore, goes to show that success is more of a lifelong journey than it is a destination. Keep evolving!!!
– Ogechi Ukatu